In this article, we will let you understand what is your iPhone SIM card size and what are different types of sim card for Apple devices. Also, learn how to cut down your sim card to micro/nano sim card.
Apple launched iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS which required Mini SIM Card. Then, iPhone 4 was released which needed Micro SIM Card. Everybody who bought iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S had to get a Micro SIM Card. They did this by purchasing a new Micro SIM Card or by cutting the Mini SIM to convert it into a Micro SIM Card. After that, iPhone 5 was launched which requires only for Nano SIM Card. So, whenever you buy an Apple product, like iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, you need to check which SIM Card fits that Apple device.
Types of SIM Card Size for iPhone or Apple Devices:
- Mini SIM Card (2FF Size SIM)
- Micro SIM Card (3FF Size SIM)
- Nano SIM Card (4FF Size SIM)
If you have bought a new iPad Mini, then it will need a Nano SIM Card. iPad of 1st, 2nd or 3rd Generation had the Micro SIM Card slot in them. Apple launched iPad of 4th Generation which had improved microprocessor, lightning dock connector, and high-speed LTE support globally. This device also requires Nano SIM Card.
List of iPad/iWatch/iPhone SIM Card size
|APPLE PHONE||SIM CARD|
|iPhone 3G||Mini SIM Card|
|iPhone 3GS||Mini SIM Card|
|iPhone 4||Micro SIM Card|
|iPhone 4S||Micro SIM Card|
|iPhone 5||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 5S||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 5C||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 6||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 6 Plus||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 6S||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 6S Plus||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone SE||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 7||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 7 Plus||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 8||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone 8 Plus||Nano SIM Card|
|iPhone X||Nano SIM Card|
Planning to get an iPhone X? Then you must check out this article to get the best iPhone X Mobile plan deals
|APPLE DEVICE||SIM CARD|
|iPad 1||Micro SIM Card|
|iPad 2||Micro SIM Card|
|“New” iPad||Micro SIM Card|
|iPad 4th Gen||Micro SIM Card|
|iPad Air||Nano SIM Card|
|iPad Air 2||Nano SIM Card|
|iPad Mini||Nano SIM Card|
|iPad Mini with Retina||Nano SIM Card|
|iPad Pro 12.9 inch (Gen 1)||Nano SIM Card|
|iPad Pro 9.7 inch||Apple eSIM (+Nano SIM Card Outside US & UK)|
|iPad Pro 10.9 inch||Apple eSIM (+Nano SIM Card Outside US & UK)|
|iPad Pro 12.9 inch (Gen 2)||Apple eSIM (+Nano SIM Card Outside US & UK)|
|Apple Watch Series 3||Apple eSIM|
How to Cut Down your SIM Card to Nano SIM size?
There are two ways by which you can get a Micro SIM Card or Nano SIM Card:
- You can go to an authorized store and get a Micro SIM Card or a Nano SIM Card whichever fits your Apple device.
- You can cut down your Mini SIM Card to fit your new Nano SIM Card device. Nano SIM only requires approximately 0.5mm around the bottom and side edges. The Top edge is the one with the corner cut off should have a 1mm card space above the circuit board with the top right corner edge removed. Since this is a highly risky task; it requires great care and precision. Cut it with scissors and insert it into your iPhone or iPad. However, it should be done at your own risk.